Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nmeeks

I reside in NC but received an IRA distribution from my deceased mother who lived in OH. Do I need to file both an Oho State Tax Return in addition to one for NC?

How do I enter the info in Turbo Tax if needed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

I reside in NC but received an IRA distribution from my deceased mother who lived in OH. Do I need to file both an Oho State Tax Return in addition to one for NC?

This is only needed if Ohio state taxes were withheld. If this is the case, you would need to file a nonresident state tax return for Ohio. If not, you simply report on your NC taxes. Just in case, I have included nonresident return instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302052

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ashby

This is only needed if Ohio state taxes were withheld. If this is the case, you would need to file a nonresident state tax return for Ohio. If not, you simply report on your NC taxes. Just in case, I have included nonresident return instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302052

Hal_Al
Level 15

A distribution from an inherited IRA would not be considered Ohio source income. You do not need to file an OH return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies