I received an additional tiny amount of a 401k to IRA rollover that isn't reflected in my 1099 R.

I rolled over a previous employer's 401k to a traditional IRA. I received a 1099 R form for this transaction. However, an additional tiny amount of $5.36 I subsequently received which I also had that small amount rolled/deposited into the same traditional IRA account.

Where in turbo tax should I report this additional tiny amount of $5.36?

PatriciaV

Since the amount is under $10, you are not required to report it. This could explain why you didn't receive another 1099-R.

PatriciaV

Thank you! That is good to know. I was mistaken when I said the $5.36 wasn't included in my 1099 R form. I contacted Vanguard customer support and they told me that this amount is reflected in the Box 1 of the 1099 R.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing