raychaag

I received a 1099DIV on my traditional IRA account. I thought IRA income wasn't taxable until I withdraw it?

I've already filed my 2015 return and now I need to know if I must amend it.

AnnaB

No, dividends that are received in an IRA account would not be taxable.

In many cases, you wouldn't even receive a form.  Please keep this for your records in the event the IRS questions the fact it was left off.

You are correct that Traditional IRA income is not taxable until you withdraw the funds.

raychaag

I did take an RMD in 2015. Is that considered a receipt of the dividends and why I got a 1099DIV?
AnnaB

Your RMD should have been reported on Form 1099-R and that would account for any dividends or stock sales.  If you put some of your RMD into a non-IRA investment account, that could have caused a Form 1099-DIV.
AnnaB