Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tbateman

I received a 1099-R, 1099-MISC, and a 1099-NEC from the employer from which I retired. Together they add up to more than I received in pension payments. How do I report?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I received a 1099-R, 1099-MISC, and a 1099-NEC from the employer from which I retired. Together they add up to more than I received in pension payments. How do I report?

Prior to 2020, self-employment income was reported on Form 1099-Misc in Box 7. Without knowing what box your income is reported in, it's hard to tell you where to include its. Are you sure your employer did not make a mistake and duplicate the amount, including it on both the 1099-Misc and the 1099-NEC?

Your 1099-R is reported in the IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) in Wages and Income.

Your 1099-NEC is reported in Self-Employment in Wages and Income.

tbateman

I work in a law firm as a mediator. I am an employee and received a W-2. I've since learned that the State of Florida issued the 1099-NEC for payments for my mediation services although the payments were made to my law firm. How do I report the 1099-NEC?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

On Schedule C. 

To go to the Schedule C, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search 
  • This opens a box where you can type in “schedule c” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and  click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to schedule c”
  • Click on the blue “Jump to schedule c” link
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies