whosthatlady54

I received 1099r that was added to my return which has been efiled and was accepted & is in process. Now today I received a 2nd 1099r. What do I do now? Thank you!

TomK100

You will need to wait to see if your tax return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS.

If rejected, simply log back into your  return, and enter your 2nd 1099-R.

If your return is accepted, you will need to amend your return using Form 1040-X (not available until about mid-February).

Form 1040X can't be e-filed per IRS regulations.

After you finish amending in TurboTax, we'll guide you through printing and mailing your 1040X along with any required attachments.

\Three weeks after mailing your amendment, you can start tracking it at Where's My Amended Return? on IRS.gov. 

whosthatlady54

Thank you very much!

TomK100

whosthatlady54

Thank you very much!