turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received 1099r that was added to my return which has been efiled and was accepted & is in process. Now today I received a 2nd 1099r. What do I do now? Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK100
Expert Alumni

I received 1099r that was added to my return which has been efiled and was accepted & is in process. Now today I received a 2nd 1099r. What do I do now? Thank you!

You will need to wait to see if your tax return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS.

If rejected, simply log back into your  return, and enter your 2nd 1099-R.

If your return is accepted, you will need to amend your return using Form 1040-X (not available until about mid-February).

Form 1040X can't be e-filed per IRS regulations.

After you finish amending in TurboTax, we'll guide you through printing and mailing your 1040X along with any required attachments.

\Three weeks after mailing your amendment, you can start tracking it at Where's My Amended Return? on IRS.gov. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomK100
Expert Alumni

You will need to wait to see if your tax return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS.

If rejected, simply log back into your  return, and enter your 2nd 1099-R.

If your return is accepted, you will need to amend your return using Form 1040-X (not available until about mid-February).

Form 1040X can't be e-filed per IRS regulations.

After you finish amending in TurboTax, we'll guide you through printing and mailing your 1040X along with any required attachments.

\Three weeks after mailing your amendment, you can start tracking it at Where's My Amended Return? on IRS.gov. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you very much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies