scottyd66

I receive a form SSA1099 for being temp disabled at the end of ea yr and I file that non taxable amount on taxes. because I am disabled my 2 kids receive a payment ea month and they are sent a ssa1099 too. Where do I enter their amounts on my taxes so I

I receive my payment each month but because I am disabled my kids each receive a payment that is awarded to them each month as well.  Because of this my kids also were mailed a SSA1099 .  I wanted to know, is there an area that I enter this amount for them?  It is non taxable like mine and I dont believe we have done it in the past but Im worried for not reporting that amount since I do list mine each year.

You should not enter a dependent's Social Security benefits reported on a SSA-1099 on your tax return.  

If the dependent earned no other income during the tax year, the income is not taxable or reportable and thus a tax return is not required.

If the child has enough other income to be required to file, then he/she should report the Social Security on his/her return.