turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scottyd66

I receive a form SSA1099 for being temp disabled at the end of ea yr and I file that non taxable amount on taxes. because I am disabled my 2 kids receive a payment ea month and they are sent a ssa1099 too. Where do I enter their amounts on my taxes so I

I receive my payment each month but because I am disabled my kids each receive a payment that is awarded to them each month as well.  Because of this my kids also were mailed a SSA1099 .  I wanted to know, is there an area that I enter this amount for them?  It is non taxable like mine and I dont believe we have done it in the past but Im worried for not reporting that amount since I do list mine each year.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I receive a form SSA1099 for being temp disabled at the end of ea yr and I file that non taxable amount on taxes. because I am disabled my 2 kids receive a payment ea month and they are sent a ssa1099 too. Where do I enter their amounts on my taxes so I

You should not enter a dependent's Social Security benefits reported on a SSA-1099 on your tax return.  

If the dependent earned no other income during the tax year, the income is not taxable or reportable and thus a tax return is not required.

If the child has enough other income to be required to file, then he/she should report the Social Security on his/her return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should not enter a dependent's Social Security benefits reported on a SSA-1099 on your tax return.  

If the dependent earned no other income during the tax year, the income is not taxable or reportable and thus a tax return is not required.

If the child has enough other income to be required to file, then he/she should report the Social Security on his/her return.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies