I receive a 1099 Misc for my volunteer firefighter LOSAP. It is not taxed by NYS. How do I enter this 1099? It takes out NYS tax when I complete the entry.

After you enter the 1099-MISC on the Federal return, you will subtract it from the New York state return using Form IT-225. This form IS supported in the TurboTax programs. 

According to the State of New York:

"The State has released a new form in 2014, the IT-225. This form is used to report any NewYork additions and subtractions that do not have its own line in the IT-201. The LOSAP exemption is subtraction S-130. Since the State has created this new form, the federal tax form on which the LOSAP distribution is reported should not create any difficulty in taking this exemption."

http://www.penflexinc.com/c8/important-tax-information-c41.html

After running review for NYS tax return I get a response Stmt 225 NYS subs Code S-130 should not be entered for an IT201 filer. How do I solve this problem?

Worked for me for 2018 but keep getting error on review for 2019 filing.

Are you a full-year resident of New York?