I receive a 1099 Misc for my volunteer firefighter LOSAP. It is not taxed by NYS. How do I enter this 1099? It takes out NYS tax when I complete the entry.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive a 1099 Misc for my volunteer firefighter LOSAP. It is not taxed by NYS. How do I enter this 1099? It takes out NYS tax when I complete the entry.

4 Replies
Intuit Alumni

After you enter the 1099-MISC on the Federal return, you will subtract it from the New York state return using Form IT-225. This form IS supported in the TurboTax programs. 

According to the State of New York:

"The State has released a new form in 2014, the IT-225. This form is used to report any NewYork additions and subtractions that do not have its own line in the IT-201. The LOSAP exemption is subtraction S-130. Since the State has created this new form, the federal tax form on which the LOSAP distribution is reported should not create any difficulty in taking this exemption."

http://www.penflexinc.com/c8/important-tax-information-c41.html

Level 1

After running review for NYS tax return I get a response Stmt 225 NYS subs Code S-130 should not be entered for an IT201 filer. How do I solve this problem?

Level 1

Worked for me for 2018 but keep getting error on review for 2019 filing.

Employee Tax Expert

Are you a full-year resident of New York?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings