sammecham70

I pulled out my 401k a couple of months ago, and I do not remember them sending me a 1099-r form, and I can't seem to find a way to access it online. What should I do?

AnthonyC

It's highly likely that they just haven't sent you the form yet.  It's still very early in the tax season and the deadline to send these forms to taxpayers isn't until Jan 31st.  (Its also probably why you can't find it online yet - because it hasn't been generated for distribution yet).  Your best bet is to just wait.  If you don't receive it by early February, then call your 401k servicer (the company you got the distribution from).

AnthonyC

fanfare

fidelity and TD ameritrade put their forms online yesterday. Others could take longer.
Vanguard is slow.
sammecham70

Thank you both! This was very helpful!

I got my Vanguard 1099R yesterday 1/18 in the mail.