Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owed $92 in taxes this year, TurboTax took the $92 from my bank account and the same day the IRS also took out the $92? Anyone else have this problem and how to fix?

I have never owed taxes previously, and nothing has changed for the past few years. I'm not sure why I gave TurboTax the money and now the IRS is also taking it? I'm confused...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

I owed $92 in taxes this year, TurboTax took the $92 from my bank account and the same day the IRS also took out the $92? Anyone else have this problem and how to fix?

If TurboTax took money, it would have been the TurboTax fees for filing.  If you used Deluxe or higher, it is not free.

TurboTax only transmits your information to the IRS for them to take their payments out.  So, they would have taken your tax payment out.  This would not be the same payment twice.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can see the breakdown and that's obviously not what happened. They took the money to "pay" the IRS and then the IRS took it from my account as well. I've used TurboTax for years because I like having all my info in one place and I don't think I'll ever use them again because of this. 

@analisecannon wrote:

I can see the breakdown and that's obviously not what happened. They took the money to "pay" the IRS and then the IRS took it from my account as well. I've used TurboTax for years because I like having all my info in one place and I don't think I'll ever use them again because of this. 

TurboTax does not have the authority to pay the IRS on your account.

On your bank statement what is the exact name of the Payee for each one of the payments?

The Payee name for the IRS should be similar to IRS USATAXPYMT

So you have 2 payments in your bank account?  For the same amount?  What is the description on each one?  

How did you select to pay the tax due?  Did you pick to have the IRS pull it out of your account?  But maybe also pay it directly at the IRS Online?  Call the IRS and see if they got 2 payments.  Was the tax due $97 or could that be the Turbo Tax fees?  Double Check your 1040 line 37 for tax due.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies