Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to fill in line 70 on my 1040 form, but it's missing in TurboTax. My return jumps from line 64 to 71. How can I make sure to get this tax credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to fill in line 70 on my 1040 form, but it's missing in TurboTax. My return jumps from line 64 to 71. How can I make sure to get this tax credit?

Line 70 is on Sch 5 of the Form 1040.

Go through all the health insruance section and TurboTax will put the credit on Sch 5 and then on line 17 of the Form 1040

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Line 70 is on Sch 5 of the Form 1040.

Go through all the health insruance section and TurboTax will put the credit on Sch 5 and then on line 17 of the Form 1040

Form 8962 specifically states this value must be entered on Line 70. Why would it go on line 17? Thanks for your help on this!

It goes first on line 70 of Sch 5, then the total on the Sch 5 goes to line 17 of the Form 1040.

OK, I've done this. Now TurboTax is trying to charge me $104.98 to amend both Federal and State using the deluxe version (apparently this is required to fill in your 1095-A info). I do believe I need to amend Federal to get this credit, but there is no need to amend the State. Any ideas on how to fix this?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies