Solved: I just entered the distribution from my 401(k) (Form 1099-R) that I used to purchase my first home. Where do I enter this so that part of is it exempt from the penaltytax

I just entered the distribution from my 401(k) (Form 1099-R) that I used to purchase my first home. Where do I enter this so that part of is it exempt from the penaltytax

Alumni

You don't. Unfortunately the exception to the penalty for early withdrawal applies only to a withdrawal from an IRA. It does not apply to a 401k withdrawal for that purpose.

Alumni

Thank you for the quick response jerry2000!