`

I have put my miles for doctor visits, etc. in the supporting detail box and it still shows 0 on the form. Why is the box not transferring my total to the form?

Only the amount of Medical that is in excess of 7.5% of AGI qualifies as a itemized deduction.

That was not the point.  The point is that the application is not working correctly.

Yes, I agree.  The same was true for the supporting details chart in the Pharmacy section.  The program is not working the way it should.  I need that total for my State tax return, so I have to put it in manually.  Also, I am adding more medical information later, so it should not assume that's all I am going to enter.  Shame on TurboTax.  This is not the only glitch I have found.  TurboTax is not as reliable as it has been in the past.  

Same is true of the 2019 tax year software. Sigh. I did find -- for entry boxes that failed to work with pre-existing Supporting Details (S.D.) content -- that if I deleted the S.D. from the form in Form View that I could go back to Step-By-Step and then the S.D. would work properly. And it's hit or miss. Some entries went along fine (with the pre-existing S.D.) while others had to go through the process described above. I think this is a bug that is not directly reproducible. There's probably a recursion algorithm or a flag-checking code that isn't quite right but it will be hard to find (which might explain why it still exists at least two years on). <peeve> I once worked at a company that generated standard drawings individually modified for particular customer requirements. One meeting I attended, someone had located a stack of drawings hand-marked up for customer parts (i.e., not entered into the electronic CAD system yet) in an old desk they were cleaning out. The boss' reaction was: "Eh, just toss'em out. We don't have time for that now." This is what happens when Marketing runs Engineering as it does in so many companies these days. Sigh. </peeve>