turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have pension income but did not get a Form 1099-R. I just have a statement. Where do I enter this info on my tax form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I have pension income but did not get a Form 1099-R. I just have a statement. Where do I enter this info on my tax form?

I would strongly encourage you to contact the plan administrator to get a copy of the 1099-R, even if just an email copy.

If you attempt to enter the 1099-R based on a statement and some number is different from the copy of the 1099-R that was sent to the IRS, the return might be sent to manual processing to see why there is a difference or to generate a letter to you asking about the difference.

This year, because of the pandemic and work issues, any manual processing at the IRS will cause your return's processing to be delayed by months. Yesterday, Yahoo News reported that of the returns being delayed that "3 million are individual 2019 and 2020 paper returns that must be worked through, while 7 million individual returns have errors or are going through the fraud detection process." This is three times the normal rate.

If you are due a refund, you want to do everything you can to avoid being put into the manual processing queue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I think some plans didn't send the 1099R and want you to log into your retirement account and download the pdf yourself.  Better ask them.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies