Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have over $2000 recorded for a 1099-OID from downloading transactions. I have no forms to identify this source. How do I track this amount to the original source?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have over $2000 recorded for a 1099-OID from downloading transactions. I have no forms to identify this source. How do I track this amount to the original source?

If it's recorded it came from a form and that form is  now in the tax return you are working on.

Look for the "Payer" to identify the source.

Hint: it's one of the financial institution from which you did a download.

@jennyandroman 

Thank you for your reply, but it didn't resolve my issue. This s not a tax issue, it is a turbotax programming issue. The amount turbotax is reporting for form 1099-oid is not on any 1099 form I have received from the any "payer." My problem is I have no idea where turbotax got this amount. There is no transaction trail audit, that I can see. And turbotax will not allow me to delete the amount. And turbotax will not allow me to clear and start over. I have no idea what to do now except fill out my tax forms manually.

TomD8
Level 15

This TurboTax help article explains how to remove an unwanted 1099-OID:

Where do I enter Form 1099-OID? (intuit.com)

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies