Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rhiller

I have enteres Social Security income and it does not show in the Total Income. What shows there is some unrelated total. I've zero'd and re-entered with no change.

Is there a problem in TT with SS income?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have enteres Social Security income and it does not show in the Total Income. What shows there is some unrelated total. I've zero'd and re-entered with no change.

Do you see your Social Security income on lines 6a and 6b of your Form 1040?   Have you entered any other income besides SS?

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

It could be that your Social Security Income is not taxable.  

However, if you made an entry, you should still see it listed on the Income page.

Click EDIT to check your entry.

Here's more on How to Enter Social Security Benefits (SSA-1099).

@rhiller 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is the total that shows up less?  Only up to 85% is taxable.

Up to 85% of Social Security becomes taxable when all your other income plus 1/2 your social security, reaches:

Married Filing Jointly: $32,000

Single or head of household: $25,000

Married Filing Separately: 0

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies