harojs

I have entered in $3,855 for my 2016 Roth IRA contribution. [Q] Can I now add in an entry for my wife to contribute $6,500 (over 50) to a Traditional IRA also ?

tygrtchr

Yes, you (or your wife) can contribute to a traditional IRA.  The Roth contribution is not deductible, but the donation to a traditional IRA may be fully deductible based on other factors like income and whether or not you and/or your wife have a retirement plan at work.

tygrtchr

hunterabq

I know she can have her own. But Turbo Tax does not give me "Jo's IRA distribution" We are filling joint

We have been taking RMD but no where can I add her IRA distribution

hunterabq

AS Turbo tax doesn't really have support, but s community response with no verifcation of their qualificatons. I need to add my wife's IRA 1099R, but cannot see it. How do I enter her data. Mine is in, but no form for her.

macuser_22

Just add another 1099-R and check the box for which spouse it is for.