Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

harojs

I have entered in $3,855 for my 2016 Roth IRA contribution. [Q] Can I now add in an entry for my wife to contribute $6,500 (over 50) to a Traditional IRA also ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have entered in $3,855 for my 2016 Roth IRA contribution. [Q] Can I now add in an entry for my wife to contribute $6,500 (over 50) to a Traditional IRA also ?

Yes, you (or your wife) can contribute to a traditional IRA.  The Roth contribution is not deductible, but the donation to a traditional IRA may be fully deductible based on other factors like income and whether or not you and/or your wife have a retirement plan at work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes, you (or your wife) can contribute to a traditional IRA.  The Roth contribution is not deductible, but the donation to a traditional IRA may be fully deductible based on other factors like income and whether or not you and/or your wife have a retirement plan at work.

hunterabq
Returning Member

I know she can have her own. But Turbo Tax does not give me "Jo's IRA distribution" We are filling joint

We have been taking RMD but no where can I add her IRA distribution

hunterabq
Returning Member

AS Turbo tax doesn't really have support, but s community response with no verifcation of their qualificatons. I need to add my wife's IRA 1099R, but cannot see it. How do I enter her data. Mine is in, but no form for her.

Just add another 1099-R and check the box for which spouse it is for.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies