Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening TODAY!

I have already filed and claimed that we made IRA contributions for the 2022 tax year. We did not get it turned in on time. How can we make our 2022 contribution?

I have already filed our 2022 taxes.  I claimed that we made the IRA contributions.  The bank says we are too late.  How can we fix this?

rjs

As the bank told you, it is now too late to make an IRA contribution for 2022. There is no way to make the contribution. You will have to amend your 2022 tax return to remove the IRA contribution.

rjs