bballqt262

I have a corrected W-2 I am trying to file, but in "Box D" where it asks for the control #, it has my social security #. It won't let me move on until I put something in.

I haven't filed anything yet so I do not have to amend anything. But i need to file by tomorrow! Please help me!
AndreaC1

You can either skip that section and leave it blank. Or if you are receiving an error when trying to leave it blank, just put in any combination of numbers in this specific format 5 digits, space, 5 digits (for example, 12345 67890). Do not enter any letters, only numbers. 

That is just a number that the payroll team uses to identify your W-2 for their system purposes. This is not something the IRS needs, so as long as you input something in this format, you can proceed. 

NOTE: If you are trying to import, click Skip import and key it in manually. This workaround won't work when importing.