gt97grad

I have a corrected 1099 form and I already file my taxes what should I do the difference is $41.09 in additional dividend

Do I need to refile my taxes?

fthometz

This just happened to me too.  The approximate additional tax is only $10.  Rather than file amended returns with Fed and State, can't I just send $10 as an extra payment? Then the IRS will figure it out and use the $10?
PaulaM

If you have already e-filed your return and it was accepted, then you will need to amend to make any changes to it. The IRS also receives the corrected 1099 form.

However,  wait until the original return is fully processed. If you were due to receive a refund, wait until you get it. If you paid tax due, wait until the IRS has processed payment with your bank.

Do not make any changes to your original return prior to amending. It is important that the amending process begin with your e-filed return in its original state.

Once the original return has been processed, then proceed to amend. Follow instructions in the below link.