jjohnson1324

I have a 1099-R that i never applied for, but when I enter the information it says I pulled the money out which I never did. What do I do?

BMcCalpin

Are you saying that you did not ask for or receive any money from this pension or IRA?

In this case, you must contact the administrator who sent you this form and ask that you be issued a corrected 1099-R.

The problem is that the IRS has received a copy of this 1099-R, so when the IRS starts comparing your return with the 1099-R, they will think that you failed to report some income.

You need to work out with the pension or IRA administrator what happened to the money. If they sent it to you, you'll have to report it as income - but if you never got the check, they need to send you another one. And if they never sent it, they need to tell the IRS that.

BMcCalpin