jpersak14

I have a 1099-NEC that shows the payer with a canada address, but turbotax won't allow me to enter that

MaryM428

TurboTax does not need the 1099-NEC payer's address.  The only fields that are required are the payer's federal id number and the amount of the 1099-NEC.  There is no TurboTax field for the address.

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please let us know if you are being asked for the address in TurboTax and where that is happening.

1099-NEC

jpersak14

Thanks Mary! After speaking with one of the TurboTax specialists we found it was an issue with how the information is extracted from a photo. All we had to do was delete the record and re-enter the info manually.