I have a 1099-B with box 13 filled in for bartering. where do I put it and what about what I got in return?

It depends on what your bartering income is for:

If you received a Form 1099-B showing bartering income, here are the various places you should report it:

* On SCHEDULE C, if you are a sole proprietor and the bartering transaction was related to your business or the type of service your business performs.

* On SCHEDULE E, if the bartering transaction was related to rental properties or royalties.

* On SCHEDULE F, if the bartering transaction was related to farm activities.

* On FORM 1040, line 21, if the bartering transaction was related to any personal activity, rather than a business you have. .

Box 13 is the fair market value of what you got in return. 

Do not enter at the 1099-B screen (investments).  Where you enter it, depends on why you received it. For example, if you have a sole proprietorship, you would enter it as "other income" (as opposed to gross receipts) on schedule C.

See Pub 525 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p525.pdf page 20 on how to report

It is more than likely that you received this in regard to business if it is from a Barter Exchange.

Form 1099-B from barter exchange. If you exchanged property or services through a barter exchange, Form 1099-B or a similar statement from the barter exchange should be sent to you by February 18, 2020. It should show the value of cash, property, services, credits, or scrip you received from exchanges during 2019. The IRS will also receive a copy of Form 1099-B.

A barter exchange is an organization that serves as a third party to coordinate barter transactions between members of the organization and as a bank to keep track of the value of barter transactions and the value of each member's account. 

Barter Exchange