I have a 1099-B with box 13 filled in for bartering. where do I put it and what about what I got in return?

It depends on what your bartering income is for:

If you received a Form 1099-B showing bartering income, here are the various places you should report it:

* On SCHEDULE C, if you are a sole proprietor and the bartering transaction was related to your business or the type of service your business performs.

* On SCHEDULE E, if the bartering transaction was related to rental properties or royalties.

* On SCHEDULE F, if the bartering transaction was related to farm activities.

* On FORM 1040, line 21, if the bartering transaction was related to any personal activity, rather than a business you have. .

Box 13 is the fair market value of what you got in return. 

Do not enter at the 1099-B screen (investments).  Where you enter it, depends on why you received it. For example, if you have a sole proprietorship, you would enter it as "other income" (as opposed to gross receipts) on schedule C.