Solved: I HAVE A 1099-B BUT THERE IS NO BOX A,B,C,ETC. THERE IS A BOX LABELED "APPLICABLE CHECK BOX ON FORM 8849" WHICH HAS AN "E" IN IT. IS THAT THE CATEGORY I SHOULD ENTER F

I HAVE A 1099-B BUT THERE IS NO BOX A,B,C,ETC. THERE IS A BOX LABELED "APPLICABLE CHECK BOX ON FORM 8849" WHICH HAS AN "E" IN IT. IS THAT THE CATEGORY I SHOULD ENTER F

Yes, enter "E" in the TurboTax 1099-B input screen for "Sales Category".

"E" is the applicable code for a long-term transaction,  noncovered. 

Noncovered means the financial institution was not required to report holding period or cost basis on the 1099-B. They might have done that, but they weren't required to.