bkwalters58

I have 2 SSA-1099 forms. How do I enter the second one?

ErinH

If the Forms SSA-1099 that you received were for the same Social Security number, then add the amounts show in box 5 of each form and enter the total in the TurboTax program.

Here is how to return to the SSA-1099 section: 

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax if it's not already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for the term "social security benefits" and then select the "Jump to" link at the top of your search results.
ratanshah

You only refer to Box 5 on SSA 1099. My 2nd SSA-1099 has items in box 3, Box 4 and then box 5. Do each item gets combined? Would have been easier if Turbotax had a 2nd column for individual so that can be correctly added as both forms get sent to IRS ( I think Separate ).

Ratan

@ratanshah wrote:

Ratan

Box 5 on the SSA-1099 is the Net of box 3 minus box 4.  There is no need to have those boxes listed as the IRS only wants to see the total box 5 amounts from all SSA-1099's received on the tax return.