barbararead2

I had money withdrawn from my pay check to go into a roth ira. the question is did i make a roth ira contribution? I'm thinking yes but I don't know where to find this number except in my pay stub. And the other part of the question is this 'contribution

MichaelL1

I think you had a Roth 401K contribution if it is from your paycheck. If this is the case, you only enter the W-2 and nothing else gets entered as it is taken into account when the W-2 is entered.

Check with HR at your company as you should see a balance on the 401K account.

MichaelL1

dmertz

And, if it's a designated Roth account in a 401(k), it is *not* a Roth IRA.