Solved: I had a Roth IRA distribution then returned part of it to my account, the 1099r reflects the distributed amount but not the return. Where is the return accounted for?

I had a Roth IRA distribution then returned part of it to my account, the 1099r reflects the distributed amount but not the return. Where is the return accounted for?

If 16k was distributed from my Roth IRA and then I put 2k back as a return of principle, how do I account for this so as not to affect my basis and ability to access these principle funds in a future basis distribution? 

When you enter the Form 1099-R into TurboTax, TurboTax will ask what you did with the money.  Assuming that you deposited the money back within 60 days and have not violated the one-rollover-per-12-months rule, indicate that you moved the money to another retirement account (or returned it to the same account), indicate that you rolled over part of the money and enter the $2,000 that you rolled back into the account.

So am I able to select that I used it for”something else” AND rolled it into another account or do I select “rolled into another account” but then only put 2k in and then it’s known I used the balance on something else?

Since you rolled part of it over you must say that you moved it to another account, not that you used it for something else.  TurboTax will automatically treat the part not rolled over as used for something else.