Solved: I filled out this tax form for my father in law who is deceased. It doesn't say deceased anywhere on the return. Did I do something wrong

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filled out this tax form for my father in law who is deceased. It doesn't say deceased anywhere on the return. Did I do something wrong

can I go back and correct it if needed?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 14

I filled out this tax form for my father in law who is deceased. It doesn't say deceased anywhere on the return. Did I do something wrong

Go back to the Personal Info section and click the Edit button next to his name.  Go through the questions and you'll come to a box that says "passed away before filing this return".  Put a check in the box and proceed on.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 14

Go back to the Personal Info section and click the Edit button next to his name.  Go through the questions and you'll come to a box that says "passed away before filing this return".  Put a check in the box and proceed on.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings