I earned 3000 for articles in an online magazine. how do i report it? subject to social security withholding too?

payments were sent from a bank in lisbon portugal to my bank in texas via swift.  

This income is self-employed income and you have to pay self-employment tax on it. Self-employment tax is your contributions to Social Security and Medicare.

If you had expenses related to this work, you can deduct them against this income. To deduct expenses, you'll need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed.

Please read this TurboTax FAQ on how to report this income: