jcmoralesny

I did not receive a 1099 from Uber. I didn't get it because I didn't work the amount of hours. Where do I put that info if I didn't receive the 1099

AnthonyC

You can enter your Uber income as self-employed income/expenses for Schedule C without Form 1099 by following the instructions below -
  • Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Type “Schedule C" in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" link in the search results.
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you can add/edit a business
  • If you have not set up your business profile, the program will ask you a series of basic questions to establish your profile 
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your business income and expenses
  • For entering income, there will be two main sections:  one specifically for income reported on a Form 1099-MISC and one for all other additional income (including cash, checks, or income reported on a Form 1099-K).  
  • You will use "all other additional income” to report your gross income shown on your tax summary from Uber.  See screenshot below.
  • After entering your income, you can proceed to the expenses section to deduct any business expenses for the Uber Income (such as miles and platform fees - some of these fees will be on your summary)

See some of the following articles for advice and tips on your Uber income and filing tax returns as a self-employment person:

AnthonyC