georgemaria

I did not receive 1099-nec can I just enter the income amount without the 1099-nec form?

This is for a large amount and there must have been a 1099-nec filed and lost in the mail. I know the exact amount of the income so if I simply enter the amount as income will I be ok or will I have to provide the other information which should have been on the 1099-nec form?
I guess I am asking if Turbo Tax Self Employed includes the 1099-nec info on my tax return or just includes the income amount form my 1099-nec forms.

Thank you so much!
MaryK1101

If you do not have the information from the 1099-NEC (Payer ID etc) you can enter under General Income with the Payer name.  As long as you report the income, the entry of the 1099-NEC is not a major issue.  Without all the 1099-NEC info, you will not be able to file with the NEC form entry.

georgemaria

Thank you so much!

LinaJ2020

Without a Form 1099-NEC, you can simply enter information under Schedule C section. Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • From the upper right menu, select Search and type in schedule c and Enter
  • Select the Jump to schedule c
  • Next screen, "Your 2020 work summary" under your self employed business, select Review
  • Continue to enter related expenses and other required information

When you received a nonemployee compensation, the IRS treats you as self employed and requires you to pay self employment taxes.  The net profit amount will show on line 8 of your Schedule 1 and Form 1040. 

georgemaria

Thank you very much for the detailed steps!