bisulcan

I did not claim my 2019 Roth IRA contributions and was wondering if I can combine 2019 and 2020 contributions for my 2020 taxes?

DaveF1006

No, you will need to amend your 2019 return to report your Roth IRA information.

macuser_22

@DaveF1006 wrote:

A Roth IRA contribution does not actually go on a tax return, but you should enter it anyway to:

1) Tell you if your income qualifies you for a contribution and warn you if it does not.
2) Check if your income exceeds the limit to contribute to a Roth.
3) Track your contribution year-to-year if you use TurboTax every year.
4) Add the Retirement Savers Credit if you qualify.