I answered the age question for a 1099R withdrawal. I was over 59.5 when I made the withdrawal. When I went back to edit the 1099r, it doesn't ask the age question. How do I make that change
Because form 1099-R accounts for so many situations, when you make a mistake in answering a questions, it's best add the form 1099-R again and then delete your prior entry. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Login and click 'Take me to my return'
- Select the 'Federal Taxes' tab and then click the 'Wages & Income' tab below it (If you have the blue button 'Check for more income' click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
- Scroll down to 'Retirement Plans and Social Security' and click the blue hyperlink 'Show more'
- Click 'Start' or 'Revisit' next to 'IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)'
- Next, since you've already entered a form 1099-R, you'll be on a summary screen of your retirement forms entered. Click "+ Add Another 1099-R" to add your form again. You'll have the option to import it or you can simply select "I'll type it in myself."
- After, come back into this section and click the blue 'Delete' hyperlink, to the right of the 'Edit' button to delete your form (or vice versa).