pkalunian

I am retired clergy and receive a church pension. Occasional, I provide Sunday services. How do I report that income?

MichaelDC

Income that you receive for weddings, offerings, special events, and fees should be reported as self-employment income on Form 1040, Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ, Profit or Loss from Business. You can deduct expenses on the same form. Examples of these costs include travel, office expenses, subscriptions, books, and computers.

You can use TurboTax Deluxe Edition if you do not wish to claim expenses or the Self-Employed Edition to claim expenses.

If you have any other details regarding this question, please feel free to post them in the comment section. 

Since you didn't receive a 1099-MISC, you can report other income simply by following the instructions below:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account.

2. Click Pick up where I left off (if not already open)

3. Click Federal tab

4. Click Wages & Income subcategory.

5. Select I'll choose what I work on option.

6. Scroll all the way down to the Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C (under less common income) and click Start/Update.

7. Click Start/Update next to Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 and follow the online screen prompts to enter your income.

MichaelDC

1. Sign into your TurboTax account.

3. Click Federal tab

4. Click Wages & Income subcategory.

pkalunian

I will be receiving a1099-Misc-    Does that change how I report the fees?
MichaelDC

Everything else applies, but you'll be using the same Self-Employment (Schedule C) but you'll enter the 1099 for the income. Like this:
1. Open your return. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions.

Good Luck!

Use job code 813000.