I am now retired. Your form wants me to report as if I am working. How do I change that ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am now retired. Your form wants me to report as if I am working. How do I change that ?

1 Reply
Level 15

You are posting from Self-Employed. Perhaps that is the version you used in past years and it just took you back to that.  You can clear and start over to downgrade to a lower priced version.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over

Do you need more help with entering retirement income such as a pension, IRA distributions or Social Security?

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings