joneyre

I am no longer living in the US but the UK and that is what is reported on my return. How do I get audit defense as TT insists on a State and ZIP code

I am no longer living in the US but the UK and that is what is reported on my return. How do I get audit defense as TT insists on a State and ZIP code before it will allow me to continue?

Cindy0H

Could you use a former USA address and still family address?

The IRS requires your actual physical residence, which is now UK, and so the UK address needs to be on the tax form.  

Here is a wok around if the above option isn't appropriate for you:

If you had preferred a foreign address to be on the return then you just needed to change the address in the MY INFO section so you could get past the first 2 steps of the FILE tab, then you would go back and change the address before actually filing. 

If you still need help with this let me know with a comment below and I will help you.