turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmspelman

I am having a really hard time this year in accessing the 1099 section in Turbotax so I can file my 1099 forms. It keeps looping me back but no access to forms?

I access Income
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am having a really hard time this year in accessing the 1099 section in Turbotax so I can file my 1099 forms. It keeps looping me back but no access to forms?

@ jmspelman asked:  "I am having a really hard time this year in accessing the 1099 section in Turbotax so I can file my 1099 forms. It keeps looping me back but no access to forms?"

There are a lot of "1099 sections."

What kind of 1099 are you trying to enter---1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-G, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, etc.?

Or do you mean you need to prepare 1099 forms for your business to send to other people?

einalem4321
Returning Member

e-filing from Turbotax today has been difficult for me as well.  I see a lot of "looping" going on.  

I suggest for you to go to the Federal section (left side of screen) where you input your w2s.  Find the one that shows 1099. Delete any data as their system (for some reason, this year) seems to add 'blank' stuff.  Once deleted, go through the process until it reached the State Review and if does the "loop" again. Go back to the Federal section and delete anything from w2 section or 1099 section that are 'blanks'. Once done - click State (left side) and select State Review (top right) then Run Smart Check.

This will go smoothly from here on.  

The issue with mine was when I reached State Review, I had to review 10 items and when I clicked on each of them they all blank or duplicates of w2s that was auto-uploaded from the start.  So weird. 

Good luck and hopefully this will help you file your tax return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies