turbotax icon
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am being asked to provide a 1099-R payer's city but the payer is not identified and I have several.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am being asked to provide a 1099-R payer's city but the payer is not identified and I have several.

When you enter a 1099-R, the payer's name is the name that is used in the rest of TurboTax to identify a unique 1099-R.

In this case, I assume that you are in the federal review and that you are being asked for the payer's city for a 1099-R - but there is no name for the payer to identify the 1099-R.

One possibility is that you accidentally created a 1099-R when you started it, but left the screen without finishing. TurboTax adds the 1099-R when you click "+Add a 1099-R", even if you don't fill in anything.

In this case, navigate to the screen that lists all 1099-Rs and look for one that has no name (probably called "untitled"). Go to Federal->Wages & Income->Retirement Plans and Social Security and click on "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)". Delete a 1099-R as necessary.

If you don't see any untitled or unknown 1099-Rs, then open each 1099-R to see which one that you did not enter a city for.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies