smokin39

I am 61 not retired yet but want to take money out of my 401K without borrowing it, what are my tax liabilities?

You will pay ordinary income tax on the distribution.   You are not subject to an early withdrawal penalty at your age.  In January you will receive a 1099R for the distribution, which you will enter on your tax return.  The income will be taxed as part of your other taxable income.

Is this a plan with your current employer?  Check first to see if they will even allow you to take anything out.

Depending upon the amount, you may wish to have taxes withheld from the distribution, or make Federal and/or State  estimated tax payments if appropriate.