Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to report multiple entries in Box 1 of 2016 Form 1099-R. Do I add the entries and report the total or should I have separate TurboTax forms for each entry?

Vanguard uses one 1099-R to report on RMDs from multiple accounts. The distributions from each account are listed but no grand total is reported. IS it OK to simply add up the entries and report the total on one TurboTax form?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KenH1

How to report multiple entries in Box 1 of 2016 Form 1099-R. Do I add the entries and report the total or should I have separate TurboTax forms for each entry?

I recommend putting them in separately, however:

If the Payer Fed ID NumberRecipient ID Number, and all of the checkboxes are the same for all of the accounts, then yes, you can certainly add up the entries and enter once.

Take special notice of Box 7 and the "IRA/SEP/SIMPLE" boxes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KenH1

I recommend putting them in separately, however:

If the Payer Fed ID NumberRecipient ID Number, and all of the checkboxes are the same for all of the accounts, then yes, you can certainly add up the entries and enter once.

Take special notice of Box 7 and the "IRA/SEP/SIMPLE" boxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies