Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How to report 401k cares act withdrawal



 I have withdrawal all my contribution in my 401K last year, and now I have half of the contribution was tax paid and the other is not, I am trying to pay the taxes on 3 years, however I received two 1099-R, do I just sum them up and report one third of it this year or how should I proceed ?

Appreciate the help in advance!

1 Reply
Level 15

How to report 401k cares act withdrawal

After you enter both 1099-R forms in that section keep going thru all the following screens in that section for the option to spread the taxes over 3 tax years. 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies