How to avoid schedule C when entering 1099 MISC in...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbdpmd

How to avoid schedule C when entering 1099 MISC info? I got form because I received a taxable fringe benefit of UAW legal services. Cannot pass review check in software.

UAW paperwork that came with the 1099 MISC said NO schedule c is necessary
3 Replies
ColeenD3
Employee Tax Expert

How to avoid schedule C when entering 1099 MISC info? I got form because I received a taxable fringe benefit of UAW legal services. Cannot pass review check in software.

You can add it as Other Income. Indicate in the description that it is from a 1099-Misc and the box number.

• I'll choose what I work on
  • Less Common Income select Start (or Update) for 
  • Miscellaneous Income.
  • Other reportable income and you can enter your own description(s) and amount(s)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SR2222

When I go to the "Other Taxable Income" screen it specifically indicates:  Do NOT enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC.  

Critter-3
Level 15

You can report it as other income on Sch 1  line 8. Here's how to enter it in TurboTax.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab ( Personal in the Home & Business version)
  • Click Wages & Income. (Personal income in the H & B version)
  • On the screen "Your 2020 Income Summary," scroll all the way down to the last section, "Less Common Income."
  • Click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C."
  • On the next screen, "Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income," scroll down and click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Other reportable income."
  • The next screen asks, "Did you receive any other taxable income." Click Yes.
  • On the next screen, "Other Taxable Income," enter a description and the amount. Click Continue.
  • On the next screen click Done.

The income will be reported on Sch 1 line 8 with the description that you entered.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings