How to avoid schedule C when entering 1099 MISC in...

gbdpmd

How to avoid schedule C when entering 1099 MISC info? I got form because I received a taxable fringe benefit of UAW legal services. Cannot pass review check in software.

UAW paperwork that came with the 1099 MISC said NO schedule c is necessary
ColeenD3

You can add it as Other Income. Indicate in the description that it is from a 1099-Misc and the box number.

• I'll choose what I work on
  • Less Common Income select Start (or Update) for 
  • Miscellaneous Income.
  • Other reportable income and you can enter your own description(s) and amount(s)

SR2222

When I go to the "Other Taxable Income" screen it specifically indicates:  Do NOT enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC.  

You can report it as other income on Sch 1  line 8. Here's how to enter it in TurboTax.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab ( Personal in the Home & Business version)
  • Click Wages & Income. (Personal income in the H & B version)
  • On the screen "Your 2020 Income Summary," scroll all the way down to the last section, "Less Common Income."
  • Click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C."
  • On the next screen, "Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income," scroll down and click the Start or Update button for the last topic, "Other reportable income."
  • The next screen asks, "Did you receive any other taxable income." Click Yes.
  • On the next screen, "Other Taxable Income," enter a description and the amount. Click Continue.
  • On the next screen click Done.

The income will be reported on Sch 1 line 8 with the description that you entered.