This answer applies to 2017 TurboTax, not to later versions. It appears that 2018 TurboTax allows an unlimited number of Forms 1099-R to be entered, but it's unknown whether there is some number beyond which you must file by mail rather than e-filing.
June 5, 2019 11:23 AM
TurboTax Deluxe can accommodate all 5 of your 1099-R forms.
Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
- Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R or 1099R (lower-case works too) and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes on the Your 1099-R screen, then click or tap Continue.
- If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, click or tap Add Another 1099-R.
- Select how you want to enter your 1099-R (import or type it in yourself) and then follow the onscreen instructions.