sarahharlan713

How many Forms 1099-R will TurboTax Deluxe let me enter? (I receive five 1099-R forms for my required minimum distributions from IRAs.)

dmertz

TurboTax can accommodate a maximum of 20 Forms 1099-R.  This is because 20 is the maximum number that the IRS e-file format allows.

dmertz

This answer applies to 2017 TurboTax, not to later versions.  It appears that 2018 TurboTax allows an unlimited number of Forms 1099-R to be entered, but it's unknown whether there is some number beyond which you must file by mail rather than e-filing.
DeniseF1

TurboTax Deluxe can accommodate all 5 of your 1099-R forms.

Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R or 1099R (lower-case works too) and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Your 1099-R screen, then click or tap Continue.
    • If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, click or tap Add Another 1099-R.
  4. Select how you want to enter your 1099-R (import or type it in yourself) and then follow the onscreen instructions.