Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cv13

I received a K-1 that has "Various" in box 16A. Turbo tells me to enter multiple K-1 worksheets, but I don't have any more info. What do I put on another worksheet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a K-1 that has "Various" in box 16A. Turbo tells me to enter multiple K-1 worksheets, but I don't have any more info. What do I put on another worksheet?

If you do not have any foreign tax paid; box 16 (P), then there is no need to fill out a f1116 for foreign tax credit. So I suggest to dispense with all foreign transactions. If you choose to do this, then in Forms Mode, in the left pane, click on the k-1 partner to bring it up on the right pane. Scroll down to 17 and just above it there is a quickzoom to add additional foreign tax info. Click on it and it will bring up the additional info wks. Scroll down to "Box 16: foreign transactions." Then under "Code P, Q, etc ", locate line 3a. It states "do you elect to forego completion of f1116." Check mark the Yes box.  That will clear all errors and  will dispense with foreign transactions.. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Is there an amount in 16P, foreign tax paid?
cv13

Thank you for responding.  No amount in 16P.  There are amounts in 16B, C, D, F, I, M and U.
icefyre123
Returning Member

how do I get rid of this in turbotax online?

The  form is “Schedule K-1 Partnership Additional Information for boxes 4,9C,11,12,13,15,16,17,18 &20.
using whatever method is used to bring up forms in the on-line version.
icefyre123
Returning Member

I don't know how to get to the forms on the Online Turbotax version, been looking...

If you do not have any foreign tax paid; box 16 (P), then there is no need to fill out a f1116 for foreign tax credit. So I suggest to dispense with all foreign transactions. If you choose to do this, then in Forms Mode, in the left pane, click on the k-1 partner to bring it up on the right pane. Scroll down to 17 and just above it there is a quickzoom to add additional foreign tax info. Click on it and it will bring up the additional info wks. Scroll down to "Box 16: foreign transactions." Then under "Code P, Q, etc ", locate line 3a. It states "do you elect to forego completion of f1116." Check mark the Yes box.  That will clear all errors and  will dispense with foreign transactions.. 

cv13

Thanks very much for your help.
icefyre123
Returning Member

How do you get rid of this in Turbotax Online . I can't find the form
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies