barr9876

How do I report two local income tax withholdings from two different states when one of them was reported in boxes 15 thru 17 on a separate W-2?

I work for a company across the state line who has an agreement with my adjoining state of Indiana to not withhold Kentucky state income taxes. However this company does withhold a local KY county tax, as well as, a local Indiana county tax in addition to withholding Indiana state tax.  This company sent me two W-2's with the same information except one shows withholding for Indiana state tax in boxes 15 thru 17 with the local KY county tax in boxes 18 thru 20 on the first W-2.  The second W-2 is the same as the first except it shows a local Indiana county tax withheld in boxes 15 thru 17 with nothing in boxes 18 thru 20.  My question is when entering my W-2's, I want to enter just one W-2, but I don't know how to enter the local Indiana County tax on the second W-2.  Should I just enter 2 lines for box 15 thru 17 even though one is really a local IN county tax?  I would like to put it under boxes 18 - 20, but that is not the way my company reported it on my W-2.  I don't think it will transfer correctly to my IN State tax form for my county tax paid if I leave it under boxes 15 thru 17 as it was reported.  Any help would be so appreciated.

Carl

Treat it as one W-2. After you enter the information for the first state in boxes 15-17, a new row of boxes for 15-17 will magically appear. This also holds true for boxes 18-20.

Carl

kageyami11

I'm not sure if it's a glitch but in the 2018 edition, I don't see another line appear. I only have two lines available. I need three.
Carl

Enter the 2nd line and once you've got it entered, a 3rd line will "magically" appear. At least, that's how it works in the desktop version. If you're using the online version, look for a "more" button or something like that.