geolin

How do I report RMD distribution from one IRA account when I have several accounts that require a RMD distribution?

currently using the 2018 tax program and am unsure as to how I indicate my RMD distribution coming from one account when I have several that are reporting an RMD amount to be removed. Information was reported to these companies that I am removing the total RMD amount from another account.

OK ... if you have several IRA accounts with RMD requirements you are allowed to add all those together and withdraw it all from one IRA account ... simply enter the one 1099-R and say it is the RMD ... you don't need to make any other references to the other accounts you did not touch ... the IRS knows the total RMD you were required to take from all the IRA accounts and as long as that amount (or more) shows up on your return you are good. 

ScruffyCurmudgeon

Each individual Form 1099-R that is associated with each retirement or IRA account distribution (withdrawal) must be entered separated in the "Enter Form 1099-R" section.  The Values of each form 1099-R need to be entered separately.

Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, Locals 718/30, retired firefighter/medic; univ faculty NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
- Strategy & Quantitative Methods Med-M&M, Law discriminatory statistics, Med & PH - epidemiology statistics;
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------No Not an Intuit Employee - Just donating my time