• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gldiorio
Level 1

How do I report income from an estate if I did not receive a K-1? I received a "net share of the state as reflected on the Probate Accounting" last year.

When I contacted the executor, he said the estate would not be issuing K-1 forms because the estate had less than $15 in income in 2018.  I'm not sure how to report what I received, though (It's under $1,000).
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pk
Level 13
Level 13

How do I report income from an estate if I did not receive a K-1? I received a "net share of the state as reflected on the Probate Accounting" last year.

generally cash received  out of the decedent's estate as inheritance is not a taxable item -- you do not need to report anything.  A K-1  is issued only when the Estate has income  on which taxes are to be paid by the inheritors or similar pass through situations.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pk
Level 13
Level 13

generally cash received  out of the decedent's estate as inheritance is not a taxable item -- you do not need to report anything.  A K-1  is issued only when the Estate has income  on which taxes are to be paid by the inheritors or similar pass through situations.

gldiorio
Level 1

Thank you!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v