gldiorio

How do I report income from an estate if I did not receive a K-1? I received a "net share of the state as reflected on the Probate Accounting" last year.

When I contacted the executor, he said the estate would not be issuing K-1 forms because the estate had less than $15 in income in 2018.  I'm not sure how to report what I received, though (It's under $1,000).

pk

generally cash received  out of the decedent's estate as inheritance is not a taxable item -- you do not need to report anything.  A K-1  is issued only when the Estate has income  on which taxes are to be paid by the inheritors or similar pass through situations.

pk

gldiorio

Thank you!