How do I file an IRA distribution without a 1099-R?

"I have a situation where Morgan Stanley lost a large amount of money on my investments and I filed a complaint with SEC. Morgan Stanley paid me some money and has not sent me a 1099-R. How do I put this into Turbo Tax? Will it be an IRA distribution?"

We can't know what's going on with you and your Morgan Stanley accounts, but I can give you some tips for taxes. 

If you haven't already, try logging into your online account. Most companies are now providing tax forms in your online account, so you may be able to find your 1099-R there (or any other form they may have issued you)

You are never taxed on a return of principle (after tax contributions), so you should get your records together for your retirement plans. You'll need to figure out where you stand. However, you can't report a distribution without a 1099-R.  

Since this affects ownership and legality (beyond our scope to advice), I'd recommend considering speaking to a tax attorney.