jeffersonangela

How do I enter the 1099R I received from the Office of Personnel Management on my TurboTax form?

IreneS

To enter the 1099R  from the Office of Personnel Management please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your 1099-R Entries.  Click on the link Add Another 1099-R (below the table).
  4. On the next screen click I'll type it myself.
  5. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have, mark the radio button for the type of 1099-R you received, for example CSA-1099-R, Civil Service Annuity. 

IreneS

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.